You are here
Home > Governmental > Home Office Customer Service Contact Numbers

Home Office Customer Service Contact Numbers

Homeoffice contact information

Call 020 7035 4848 to contact Home Office customer service and Help line.

The Home Office is the United Kingdom?s government department for immigration and passports, drugs policy, counter terrorism, crime and police, with the vision of protecting the country safe from terrorism and to make the place where the citizens have a good quality of life. The Home Office works with 28 agencies and public organisations. Home Office customer service support can be contacted at 020 7035 4848 for their queries.

Home Office contact numbers

Helpline UK contact numbers
Home Office Contact Number General Enquiry /? Government Switchboard,

Home Office Public Enquiries

020 7035 4848
Home Office Minicom Service 020 7035 4742
Media Enquiries,

Press Enquiries HM passport office

020 7035 3535
Home Office Press Office Out Of Hours Number 07659 174240
Immigration Enforcement Hotline 0300 123 7000
Crimestoppers ?0800 555111
Customs Hotline 0800 595 000
The Anti-Terrorist Hotline 0800 789 321
CCTV Footage Requests 020 7035 4646 or

020 8196 3757

General enquiries HM Passport Office 0300 222 0000
General Register Office 0300 123 1837
Home Office BRP Contact Number 0300 123 2412
Office Travel Documents Free phone Textphone Number 0800 389 8289
Disclosure Complaints 03000 200 190
Barring Complaints 01325 953 795
HM Passport Office Textphone 0300 222 0222
First-Tier Tribunal (Immigration And Asylum Chamber) 0300 123 1711
HM Revenue And Customs (HMRC) Team 0300 200 3700
HMRC Textphone 0300 200 3719
Citizenship And Nationality 0300 123 2253
UK Visas And Immigration Contact Centre 0300 123 2241
Employer And Education Helpline 0300 123 4699
Asylum Customer Contact Centre 0300 123 2235
Asylum Customer Contact Centre (For Applications Before 5 March 2007) 0151 213 4288
BRP card management service 0300 123 2412
Home Office BRP Change Of Address Team Removed

Home Office contact?opening hours

General Enquiry 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday
Citizenship Enquiries

Asylum customer care

9am-5pm Monday to Thursday

9am-4:30pm Friday

UK Visa & Immigration department

Education Helpline

Asylum application submission

9am-4:45pm Monday to Thursday

9am-4:30pm on Friday

Press Office 7am-8pm from Monday to Friday
Passport Office 8am-8pm from Monday to Friday

9am-5:30pm on Saturday & Sunday

General Registered office 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,

and 9am to 4pm on Saturday

First Tier Tribunal 8:30am-5pm from Monday to Friday

Home Office contact address

If you prefer to write, you can send in your requests via post at the following Home Office contact address and should mention your contact details as well so that you are responded back as soon as possible.

Home Office, Direct Communications Unit, 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF

Center map

Home Office UK Visas & Immigration contact number

You need to visit the Home Office UKVI contact details page , if you need to get any relevant information in this matter. The non UK customers are provided with the option to contact this department through telephone, email or live chat. There could be lot of information that you wish to update like change of address whether correspondence or home, change of legal representative, change in details of dependent etc. You can update the details using mail option. You need to send the relevant information with necessary documents at following address:

Change of address team, 11th floor, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Alternatively, you can make a call at Home Office UK Visas & Immigration contact number 0300 123 2253. ?The general enquiries related to If you have any intention to get married and need to update changed address, you can do so through email or post. The email address is [email protected]. The postal address in this context is:

Marriage Referral and Assessment Unit, Dept 158, PO Box 306, Liverpool L2 0QN

Home office general immigration enquiries for settlement or visa can be resolved by calling on Home Office UK visa and immigration contact number 0300 123 2241. Alternatively, text can be sent at text phone service number 0800 389 8289. The accessibility timings of this number are between 9am-4:45 pm from Monday to Thursday and between 9am-4:30pm on Friday. For checking the Turkish ECAA application status, you can call Turkish ECAA team at their fax number. You can also write a letter at following address:

Home Office Turkish ECAA team address Turkish IAU, PO Box 3468, Sheffield S3 8WA

Home Office employer and education helpline

For sponsoring an employee or student, you need to make a call between 9am-4:45pm from Monday to Thursday and between 9am-4:30pm on Friday at Home Office employer and education helpline 0300 123 4699. There is Home Office business helpdesk that need to be contacted for handling queries related to business application. The contact can be made through email at?[email protected]. ?If the employees working in UK educational institution are having any enquiries, they can send an email to Home Office educators helpdesk team at?[email protected]?.

Home Office Asylum customer contact

You may have enquiries related to asylum support application, the Home Office asylum customer contact number can be called upon to resolve these matters. The number 0300 123 2235 can be called between 9am-5pm from Monday to Thursday and between 9am-4:30pm on Friday. However, if you have submitted your application before 5th March 2007, the contact number will be 0151 213 4288 which is accessible between 9am-4:45pm from Monday to Thursday and between 9am-4:30pm. For handling the technical problems that may hinder the process of accessing application, you need to contact Home Office online help team at email address?[email protected]. For people living outside UK, the details can be find out at this page.

Home Office contact email

You can contact the Home Office support team by email at the Home Office contact email address [email protected] and the team will make all possible efforts to reply back as early as possible.

Home Office contact number general enquiry

For any of your queries, you can call the Home Office customer service number 020 7035 4848. You can call them from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm. For the hearing impaired people, you can use the Home Office minicom services by dialling the Home Office contact number general enquiry 020 7035 4742. There is fax number of Home Office that can be used for handling general enquiries. The number is 0207 035 4745.

Home Office press office

For all the media related enquiries of the journalists, you can call the Home Office news desk on the Home Office press office phone number 020 7035 3535. The press office number is accessible between 7am to 8pm, Monday to Friday. If you need to call outside the working hours, you can dial the Home Office phone 07659 174240 and the service team will be happy to assist you at their best.

Home Office CCTV footage requests

If you wish to request for the CCTV footage from the cameras of the Home Office, you can contact the Home Office team either by dialing the Home Office helpline 020 7035 4646 or 020 8196 3757 or via post at the Home Office CCTV footage request address:

Direct communications unit, 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF

Home Office Immigration Enforcement

In an emergency situation, where you suspect that someone is living or employed in UK illegally, you need to dial the police number 999. You can contact the Home Office team by filing in the Home Office contact form via Home Office immigration enforcement link. Alternatively, there are some organisations which can be contacted to report on as described below


Home Office FOI requests

FOI stands for Freedom of Information request that can be made to Home Office department for having access to recorded information. The information is held with public sector organisations and request can be made in written form i.e. letter, email or fax. You can check the details of public sector organisations via this link. The information can be accessible to you within 20 working days of your request. The email at which request can be send is [email protected] ?and the postal address at which request letter need to be sent is Home Office London address:

Parliamentary and diplomatic enquiries team, Her Majesty’s Passport Office, Globe House, 89 Eccleston Square, London, SW1V 1PN

Home Office passport service

Home Office passport service is the only service in UK that issues passport and also offers civil registration services. There is general register office that is responsible for providing these services. You can contact Home Office HM passport office at Home Office passport service number 0300 222 0000. This Home office contact number can be called upon for any kind of passport assistance between 8am-8pm from Monday to Friday and between 9am- 5:30pm from Saturday to Sunday. The public holiday timings are also between 9am-5:30pm. This number can also be used for filing complaints related to passport service. The customers having speech or hearing impairment issue can use textphone service number 0300 222 0222 or Text relay service number 18001 0300 222 0000. ?You can also make online enquiries through Home Office passport office enquiry form.

You need to dial 0300 123 1837 between 8am-8pm from Monday to Friday and between 9am-4pm on Saturday for your complaints related to certificate issued by General Registered Office. The postal complaint can also be raised at following address:

Customer services manager, Room D116, General Register Office, HM Passport Office, Trafalgar Road, Southport PR8 2HH

You can also avail this service online using Home Office certificate service enquiry form.

Home Office general enquiries

For making general enquiries, you need to write a letter at following Home Office general enquiries address:

HM Passport Office, PO Box 767, Southport, PR8 9PW

The general registered office can be contacted for your birth, death and marriage certificates. The Home Office general office contact number is 0300 123 1837 that is accessible between 8am-8pm from Monday to Friday and between 9am-4pm on Saturdays.

Home Office border force contact number

Home Office border force team can be contacted through post by writing a letter at Home Office border force contact address given below:

Home Office Border Force Complaints and Correspondence Team, Lunar House, 11th floor Long Corridor, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Border Force is responsible for securing the country by implementing immigration and custom controls. It keeps a check on people and goods entering in the country. There is one emergency number that can be called upon in emergency situations. The Home Office immigration enforcement hotline number is 0300 123 7000. The responsibility of Immigration enforcement team is to ensure that all rules related to immigration are complied with. You can also contact team in written form by sending a letter at following Home Office immigration enforcement address:

Immigration Enforcement, 1st Floor Seacole, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

Home Office fire & rescue service

For this service, Home Office has employed Chief Fire & Rescue Advisor that provides guidance to ministers, fire & rescue authorities and civil servants etc. Along with that they provide strategic advices related to performance and efficiency of fire & rescue authorities. ?The CFRA can be contacted through post by writing a letter at Home Office fire & rescue service address:

Fire and Resilience Directorate, Home Office, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

Alternatively, you can send an email at [email protected].

Home Office BRP contact number

BRP stands for Biometric Residence Permit that depicts information such as migrant?s biographic details, immigration status and entitlements when they are living in UK. If you wish to apply this permit, you can send an application to Home office and you will receive it within 10 working days of application. If the details are incorrect or permit is not received timely, you have the option to make a call at Home Office BRP contact number 0300 123 2412. There is possibility that your permit may get stolen or lost. In that case, you can report the case to BRP card management service. This contact number can be used to report the loss. If you are living outside UK, you need to dial Home Office abroad number +44 208 527 3623. The customers who wish to change address in permit, they need to inform the team before receiving the permit. The Home Office BRP change of address team can be called upon at number. If changes need to be made after receiving a permit, the Home Office BRP change of address team contact number is 0208 196 5454. You can also make the changes by writing a letter at following address:

Change of Address Team, 11th Floor Lunar House, Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Home Office travel document

If you wish to send TD112BRP application form, you can send it through post, email or phone. The postal address is:

Home Office, Travel Documents BRP, PO Box 588, Durham DH99 1AA

The email address for sending request is [email protected] and Home office travel document contact number is 0208 196 0109. The text phone number for sending text message is 0800 389 8289.

Home Office citizenship contact

Home office UKVI team need to be contacted if you have queries related to citizenship & nationality. You need to send an email at?[email protected]? for your queries or you can make a call at Home office citizenship contact number 0300 123 2253. The call timings are between 9am-5pm from Monday to Thursday and between 9am-4:30pm on Friday. Home Office enquiries line number can be used if you are an European and need to make enquiry.

Home Office UK complaints

The Home Office department is committed to providing the good quality services and has a trained and dedicated staff to handle the issues efficiently and to the best of customer satisfaction. The citizens have been given various options to make their complaints regarding the Home Office services. You can call the Home Office government switchboard on 020 7035 4848. You can send the details via fax at the Home Office fax number 020 7035 4745

If you prefer to write, you can send in the email at Home Office contact email [email protected] or via post at the following address, along with mentioning all the required information and your contact details so that the Home Office team can revert back as soon as possible. Generally, they aim to respond within 20 working days.

Home Office, Direct communications unit, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

When the complaint is concerning the UK visas and immigration (UKVI), you need to submit the Home Office complaints form for UKVI via this link , either by email at Home Office contact email address [email protected], or by post at the following address

Complaints allocation hub, Central point of receipt, 11th Floor, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY

If the complaint is concerning the service provided by Border Force, you can contact by email at Home Office contact email complaints&[email protected] or via post at the address:

Border Force Complaints and Correspondence Team, Lunar House, 11th floor Long Corridor, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2 BY

If you are not happy with the response, you can forward the matter to the Home Office complaints manager by email at Home Office contact email [email protected] or by mail at the below mentioned address:

Border Force Complaints and Correspondence Team, Building 25, Priory Court, St Johns Road, Dover, Kent, CT 17 9SH

If you are not happy with the final response, you can escalate the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. They can be contacted at the customer helpline 0345 015 4033 from 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday ? Friday. You can check all their information by visiting their website

Home Office DBS complaint

If you wish to file a complaint related to Home Office disclosure & barring service, you need to call Home Office DBS complaint number 0300 020 0190. ?This number is for disclosure complaints. For barring complaints, the Home Office tel number is 0132 595 3795. There is Home Office DBS complaint form that need to be filled for filing complaint. The complaint can be filed through post at following DBS complaint address:

DBS customer relations PO Box 165 Liverpool L69 3JD

If you wish to file complaint through email, you need to send it to?[email protected]. There is fax number to file complaint i.e. DBS fax number 0300 123 1660. If you are not happy with the solution suggested by Home Office complaint team, you have the option to contact Independent Complaint Reviewer. The postal address at which complaint can be filed is:

Independent Complaint Reviewer, PO Box 165, Liverpool; L69 3JD

The?email address for the same is?[email protected].

Home Office Immigration complaint number

The appeal to First Tier Tribunal need to be filed if you have any issues with visa or immigration. The appeal can be filed over the phone at Home Office immigration complaint number?0300 123 1711?between 8:30am-5pm from Monday to Friday. The email can also be send at?[email protected]?for filing complaint. The appeal to Tribunal can also be filed through Home Office immigration complaint fax number. The postal address is :

First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber), PO Box 6987, Leicester LE1 6ZX

If you are not happy with the behavior of the Home Office team, or their treatment is not appropriate over your seized property, you have the option to contact border force team or HMRC team. You can call them or text them at 0300 200 3700 and 0300 200 3719 respectively. The call timings are between 8am-6pm from Monday to Friday. The postal address for sending letter to HMRC is:

HM Revenue and Customs – CITEX Written Enquiry Team, Local Compliance S0000, Newcastle, NE98 1ZZ United Kingdom

The matter can still further be raised towards Parliamentary and Health service Ombudsman. Their customer helpline number works between 8:30am-5:30pm from Monday to Friday. The helpline number is 0345 015 4033. The email address is [email protected]?and the postal address of this department is:

Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP

Contact Home Office through social media-Facebook, Twitter and other apps

Home Office Official Website
Home Office Official Flickr
Home Office Official Twitter
Home Office Official YouTube
Home Office Official LinkedIn
Home Office Official Facebook
Home Office iOS app

42 thoughts on “Home Office Customer Service Contact Numbers

  1. i want to report bent judges bent barristers bent solicitors is this possible or is this another government cover up d lake

  2. I have just complete Form SU07/12 on paper to invite someone to come over here for a short stay.

    The form does not say where it should be posted or emailed to after completion.

    Could you please provide me with this info?

    Is there an option to complete and submit this form online?

    Many thanks for your support.


  3. Please I need help in regards to Administrative Review .
    Applied for a visit visa 13th of September 2017
    Got refused
    Sent an administrative Review via DHL on the 6th of October.
    It got there 9th of October 2017 and was signed for at 13.37pm.
    And still got no acknowledgement from home office by text,call or email to say they got it or they are looking into it.
    Sent another post through a friend going to the uk 16th of October for a next day delivery
    And still yet nothing

    Please can someone help me what do I do to get them to contact me all phone numbers and email work

    1. Dear,
      Please, my visit visa application was submitted in the month of July 2017 to attend a conference in September and returned in November, 2017 with a ban refusal letter. Please, direct me where to lodge my complaint for judicial Review as the the ground on which my application was refused need a clear explanation with documentary evidences.

  4. Dear
    I had applied 10 years rule long residency ILR settlements visa on 22 of august 2017 through the solicitors.i am still waiting for home office decisions but unfortunately my solicitor left the company and telling me don’t receive office call so I’m worried about my original document because I have given to home office solicitor office address .so i would like to give home office my postal address which I will receive all documents directly..please tell anyone how do I do.thanks Rad

  5. Dear Sirs.
    I’ve had posted you my letters about withdrawal administrative review which was done by my previously Alpine Solicitors . I’ve had posted on 20/9/2017/ and my reference number is H.O.ref :.. My Sulu Tungishbayeva 15/12/1979/ Kazakhstan . I need withdrawal my administrative review . I was previously represented by Alpine solicitors with regard to an application for an Administrative Review of a refusal of an indefinite leave to remain deision dated 6 June 2017 . I wish to withdrawal the application for Administrative Review and would be grateful if you would confim this in writing to me . Yours faithfully Sulu Tungishbayeva .

  6. Hi, I just need your help.
    I changed my name and I need to change the documents and passing this information to you. Can you please tell me what do I need to do? Thank you!
    Kind Regards,
    Ana Baptista

  7. Hi!!! I need your help.
    I won appealed since 12 October, 2017. I didn’t get any information from Embassy for granted my visa settlement with my husband. So far now I have waiting almost 3 and half months. Can you explain me ? and when i get visa? I felt really depressed .

    Kindly Regards,


    1. Hi, just saw you post now. Hope you have received your passport by now. I am also in the same situation. How do we contact the home office to track the passports?

  8. Hi I need to know about my paper work from home office. I have win the appeal from First Tier Tribunal but my solicitor has been Closed by SRA. Now i don’t have any representative. Could please advise how can i contact with Home office.

  9. RE Follow up of Travel Documentv application Already Paid for by Postal Order.
    I a, m following up the postal order if can repost the postal order to me so that ai can take it to the post office to change the addressee so that I can repost again.
    Home referemce I will take the postal order to

  10. The Home Office BRP Contact Number 0300 123 2412 and the Home Office BRP Contact Number 0300 123 2412 (the same number) has been disconnected; and none of the options on the general switchboard deal with BRPs. The closest is Immigration and Visa Services, and that staff claims to know nothing about the BRPs, and no one can direct me to anyone who can answer basic questions about the application to replace expired BRPs.

  11. hi, my visa request is in process. in the mean time my home address has changed. how can I inform so that my passport reaches my new address

  12. Dear sir/madam Can someone please help me Fallow up of Convention travel document that I applied for priority travel document. On 2018 I applied for priority travel document also with some supporting evidenced letter.

  13. Hello Sir/Madam, My name is Moin. The immigration judge allow my appeal on April, and after that home office not challenge to this court decision. But I haven’t received yet anything like my passport and visa card. So, can you help me byplease tell me how long home office takes time to this process because now time limit is over 12 weeks.

    1. Hello, I have the same issue like you. My appeal was allowed on the 6 July 2018 and until now I have not heard any thing from home office. Home Office didn’t appeal against the decision. I want to know how long is the waiting time for them to issue the visa? Have you received yours? If yes how long do you wait for? Thanks

  14. Hi we won our case from upper tribunal on June as we are Indians how long home office will take to send documents to us plz tell us correctly thanks

  15. I sent my application (Tire 4, parent of a child), which has been lost.
    The application was received on July 27, 2018 by:
    Home Office
    On July 30, 2018 my visa card was charged for ? fee, nevertheless my application is still not in the system, in other words it has been somewhere lost.
    What needs to be done in that situation? How my application can be found and downloaded into the system?

  16. Hi, I have had my name changed after receiving my Biometric Resident Permit and have filled out the TOC form and post it special delivery to the Home Office-Leave to Remain as the TOC form guidance notes instructs. This same form as well as the Home Office website indicates that once my request was received by the Home Office then I’d be notified in writing three (3) business days after my documents reached the office. I have noted (as is the custom of sending a post special delivery) that my documents have been signed for by the Home Office, today being 8 business days later and yet I receive no word of confirmation or any other communication from the Home Office. Can they please advised me of the status of document?

  17. My Son is British and I was refused a six months visit visa based on exchange rates and my son being British and a minor was not put into consideration what do I do I was not given any appeal

  18. Can I (US citizen) obtain a UK work visa -Tier 2 General – while job searching and/or without a job offer?

  19. Hello I have a question I want to know where to call because I was in Northern Ireland I had some problems the police got me and after that put me in Romania I would like to know how much I have a ban there I have family there my daughter was born there

  20. I need the E-Mail address of the UK Visas And Immigration Contact Centre Sheffield. Please can you send it to me it is immediately.

    Thank you.

    Best Regards

  21. I have phoned more than ten numbers to try and get an application form for a Bio metric Residence Permit to transfer my paper visa to a plastic card unfortunately nothing has been helpful at all.
    I need an application form to complete a BRP.
    Please help as this is very important and please send me the forms so that I can compete the form as soon as possible
    Thank you


  22. Freeda from Wembley Middlesex
    Came to the UK on false documents from south india and paid $ for travel documents to enter the UK
    Freeda was able to pressure the uk victim to have baby to stay in the UK.
    The perpetrator freeda was assaulting the victim with weapons in Egham
    Freeda used violence to threaten the victim In Egham Surrey As kitchen knifes to stabb the victim In Egham
    Freeda also used boiling hot water to burn the victim In Egham Surrey causing life changing injuries to the victim.
    John Radcliffe hospital Diagnosed With physiological issues in 2016 as pressured the victim to have a baby in 2016.

  23. I am writing this regarding my wirte to prove work in united kingdom.I am trying to prove it online on website but my details doent shown there.
    This is my request to anybody – please help me out with this matter ! As its been more important to prove that i able to work in uk as i got my BRP card with me with work permitted and residence permit.I have tried my level best to get in touch with correct contact details but did not .looking forward for some reply.please do contact me on

  24. Hi!!!
    The reason I write to them is just say I lost my travel document sending from DVA for start courses but to days is to 16 years note response to my demand but no ID just the copies info I saving before send to then. But where can contact about the Bio metric Residence Permit to transfer my paper visa to a plastic card unfortunately nothing has been helpful at all.
    I need an application form to complete a BRP.
    Sorrow help me

  25. Hi
    I need your help
    I applied for a EEA registration certificate but the Home Office still not returning my documents so I need thier contact details to contact them. But I can’t find it anywhere on thier website.

    Thank you

  26. English as a foreign language applying for an eleven month Short-term study visa
    Dear Sir or Madam
    I hope you are well
    I do apologise if I bother you however I have not found better e-mail address for getting relevant answers so I decided I e-mail them.A friend of mine would like to learn English as a foreign language for eleven months and he would like to know how much money need to support himself?His friends and relatives can support and house him in United Kingdom
    Thank you so much for your attention.

  27. Hi : l just want to know l applied travel document for may daughter l filed online application form an l sent to home office and the home office toke the money on may account ?49 but the problem is have not receive To me any letter or any application form has home office receive may application form l don?t know what happen plz letting me now ?thanks

  28. I submitted Further Submission Documents as on 10July can anybody tell me how many days to take home Office decision ?and why not they give me reply on my home address kindly advice

  29. Hi good morning
    I need help I got BRP car with wrong date of birth so please give me advice what I do now because I try to call in home Office phone number but can’t talk them about my problem.

    I got visa
    (Leave to remain )
    Please give me advice as soon as possible

  30. After they arrived to the UK as family reunion. But till now we did not receive any feedback from their side, after we report problem on thier BRP.

  31. Dear Sir or Madam
    I applied for passport for my child.
    HM Passport Office ask my to send my evidence :
    -a letter from the Home Office Immigration and Nationality Directorate confirming that you were exercising Treaty rights at the relevant time.
    My question is can I have like this letter from Home Office Immigration ?
    Thank you.

Leave a Reply